Thursday, May 17, 2012

Two Completely Unrelated Topics

Littering is a-ok in China.  This is something I still haven't gotten used to yet. It always gets me whenever I see someone throw an empty coke bottle out of the window of their car like it's nothing, or unwrap a snack while walking down the sidewalk and let the wrapper float away in the wind. Yesterday I was taking Smudgie out for a poop when someone on the 3rd or 4th floor threw an empty milk carton out of their window and it almost hit Smudgie. I mean, I can KIND OF understand throwing something out the car window because cars don't have trash cans. But I'm pretty sure everyone keeps trash cans in their apartment. This person couldn't even walk over to the nearest one to throw away his milk carton, it had to go out the window. But it's "ok" because there are groundskeepers that go around with little brooms and dust pans and take care of that sort of thing. To be honest, littering is probably one of the least harmful things the Chinese do to the environment, simply because there are people whose job it is to clean up after everyone. City janitors, if you will.
In other news, Mandy invited us to her wedding! It's next weekend and I couldn't be more excited. Here's the invitation:


Yes, they are posing with apples.  In China, you get wedding photos done months before the wedding and then some of the photos are on display during the wedding.  It's like an engagement session, except you're in full wedding gear.  The photography company provides you with several wedding dresses and other formal wear and you change outfits like 5 times throughout the session.  They also do your hair and makeup.  I find this idea so very novel, we're totally going to do it once I'm at my goal weight.  We're so lucky to have the opportunity to go to a Chinese wedding while we're here.  Smudgie is sad that he can't go:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment