Sunday, August 18, 2013

Last Morning in Rui'an

We're leaving Rui'an today because Smudgie needs to be in Shanghai for a while to get his paperwork in order.  So I thought I'd go around taking pictures of the area like I should have been doing this whole time.  Enjoy!

This is part of the town square

 
Old people play a balancing game as part of their morning routine.  Each is balancing a small ball on their little racquet and as they move it around, they have to keep the ball from falling.

 
Tai Chi group - I'm trying to be inconspicuous as I'm taking pictures of people, hence, the bush.
 
There's a bridge that goes over the road.  I usually take the bridge instead of trying to cross the street.  This is the view from one side.

 
This is the view facing the other way.
 
On the other side of the bridge, is more town square.  There are 8 statues with different carvings on them.  I only took pictures of a couple of them.  They're not that interesting.

 
This is the long sidewalk I use to walk back home from the grocery store. 

 
I had a lot of different pictures of different vehicles in China and I thought it would have made a very interesting blog post, but my computer died (completely) so I lost all those pictures.  I thought I would take this picture today to show you what Dreamer called a "bread car".  So called, for it's bread loaf-like shape.  It looks like a van, but it's smaller than a minivan in the US.  
 
This is just a cool tree they recently planted in our apartment complex.
 
 
Smudgie licking his bone

We won't really miss Rui'an.  It was horribly hot here and Adam's job sucked.  Smudgie did like the open grass area that allowed him to be off leash sometimes.  But Smudgie's opinion doesn't matter.  There's a dog park in Wilmington, so hopefully we get to go there often.  Goodbye, Rui'an!  I will only miss Do & Me.  But I figured out I can probably make my own Do & Me at home by ordering KFC extra crispy drumsticks, stripping the meat off the bones and putting it on a sesame seed bun. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment