Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Another New Year

So, we’ve been having the Chinese New Year holiday this week.  It seems to be about the same as in Huainan, firecrackers constantly going off and such.  We tried to go down to the square to see if people were doing anything interesting but all we found were a few people lighting lanterns and releasing them.  That would have been awesome if there’d been a bunch of people doing it but it was just a few.

Lighting a lantern is a two-man job 

 
In other news, Smudgie is becoming the lap dog I always hoped he’d be.  As a puppy, he never wanted to stay in my lap unless I was letting him lick my hand.  As soon as he was done licking, he’d jump off and if I took my hand away, he’d jump off.  But as his second birthday draws nearer, he’s finding it easier and easier to fall asleep on me.
 
 Yes, I sit cross-legged in chairs, what of it?

 
 My current Facebook pic
 
 Dozing off in my hands

No comments:

Post a Comment