Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lear/Newtrend's New Year's Party

The Rui'an plant had their annual New Year's party and it was considerably more low-key than the Huainan plant's party last year.  They held it at a restaurant and the room was small but packed with tables:


It was short and sweet, actually.  There were no karaoke performances, which means we didn't have to sing anything, thank god.  There was just one speech.  There were a few raffle drawings, and Adam pulled the winner of the second place prize but we can't remember what it was.  And there was considerably less alcohol consumption, which probably led to it being short.  It was pretty nice to just enjoy a meal and not have to hang around for an extra hour because the men keep drinking.  There were a couple of notable dishes that I took a picture of.  First, there was this dessert:


The white things were squishy.  I think they were made of glutinous rice flour.  And the brown stuff on top was brown sugar.  It was pretty yummy but also strange.  And then, check this out!


Bugles!  What are Bugles doing in a Chinese meal?  I was like, "That's an American snack!" and Vivian said it was a Chinese snack too.


Right after we left, I wished I had gotten a picture of myself with a bugle on each finger.  But I'm sure that would have offended some people.  It's kind of a no-no to play with your food.

Here's Smudgie laying on my leg:

And being hoisted by Adam:  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment