Saturday, June 9, 2012

Smog

The smog around here varies from day to day.  But it's rarely as bad as it was today.  Here's the view outside our apartment on a clear day:

Here's the view when it's a little smoggy.  This is what it's like most days:

And here's the smog today:

I have no idea what makes it so bad sometimes.  But this is only the second day like this we've seen in our 7 months of living here.  If it were like this more often, I'd be pretty depressed and scared for our health.  I hear it's like this a lot in Beijing, so I'm really glad we don't live there.

In other news, Dreamer graduated college and is now back in Huainan.  She won't be working at Guilford, but she'll be around to hang out with.  Friday night we went to a KTV with Dreamer, Mandy, Jiang Lu, Jin Nian and a girl I don't know.  This KTV was not as fancy as the one we went to at Christmas, but I really don't care. 

I've been trying to go to KTVs as sparingly as I can because I'm not a big fan of them.  It's like their favorite thing to do and I don't get it because they always sing the same songs everytime.

On a day when it wasn't smoggy, I took Smudgie for a very long walk.  He was so exhausted, but very satisfied.  You can see how happy he was from these pictures:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment