Saturday, December 3, 2011

Week 5 - Getting colder

The weather is starting to get cold here, and they usually don’t turn the heat on at work to save money. So my co-worker, Mandy, helped me order some E-warmers online! They’re gloves and slippers that hook up to your computer and keep your hands and feet warm! I got matching thug gangsta penguins:





The only problem is that you can’t leave your desk with them on. :) A string of UV beads came with them as a free gift. They turn colors when they detect UV rays, which is kinda neat. I think it’s funny that I’ve never heard of them until now. Obviously, Americans are not that concerned about UV rays.

Yesterday we discovered a new restaurant called Babela’s Kitchen. When we went inside, I felt like I was in an American restaurant. They greeted us in English, they had an English menu, and the décor was very modern (see below):





And the food was really good. They had hot chocolate! We’ll definitely be going back. Especially since ordering from KFC was getting to be annoying. We always ordered the same thing but ended up with slightly different food every time. We really need to learn the word for “combo”.

Also yesterday, I bought a weight scale at the Carrefour. It’s a nice digital one. I laughed as I looked at the box it came in. It said it can manage your weight, meals, and grease. I’m sure they meant “fat”.



But the word "grease" sure is motivating. Here’s a couple of pictures of Smudgie vegging in the back of his crate:







Bonus story about Smudgie:


He has an admirer. Two times this week a big fluffy white dog has come to visit Smudgie at our living room window. The dog belongs to someone around our complex. Both times I've gone outside with Smudgie to greet the dog since it was obviously someone's pet. And as soon as I get there, I see the owner coming down the sidewalk. I think the dog likes Smudgie so much, that whenever his owner opens the door, he runs out to come see him. At least the owner knows where to find him now! The white dog is very friendly, but I can't say the same for Smudgie. He needs to calm down. I hope they can be friends some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment