Thursday, November 3, 2011

Our Apartment

The internet went on the fritz last night but now it’s back so I can write about our apartment. Here’s a picture of the outside:


Note the bars on the windows


Here's a picture of the landscaping:


It looks worse in person



Here’s a picture of what you see when you walk outside the front door:


Construction!

It looks pretty much the same on the inside as it did in the last pictures I posted except our bedding is different. Now, Adam was in Huainan for a few days last week while I stayed in Shanghai. And there was nothing on the bed so he was forced to go out and buy bedding without me. I told him to get something stylish. He e-mailed me from the Carrefour to tell me how much it was going to be. This was our conversation:

Adam: Hey baby! I'm picking out bed sheets and pillows. I would burn all my cash so I have to put it on the card ok?

Sam: Ok. Are they stylish?

Adam: I was just about to say: I'm warning you, our bedding is not beautiful. The nicest sheets were silk and they were 380 bucks. The cotton ones are 198 and have chickens on them. I went with the chickens.

So this is what happens when I let my husband go shopping by himself:


Rooster-themed bedding

I have since visited the Carrefour and saw plenty of other options besides the chickens but apparently he got there when the store was closing and had to make a split second decision. :) I don’t mind the chickens.

I was going to get myself a Chinese phone but when I mentioned it to Really, she said the company would get me one. So now I have a phone and I don’t have to pay for it! It’s really adorable too. It has a cute ringtone. Hopefully you can see in the picture below, the smiley face button is the “talk” button and the frowny face button is the “end call” button. Hilarious!



2 comments: